Yesterday we had a pretty heavy rain hit the upper Yellowstone and YNP, which did result in a bit of a mud plug. Around 10:00AM today (Monday 7/10) the mud was reported in between Point of Rocks and mile marker 26. Another storm has hit this afternoon, although primarily north of the Park, so tomorrow should be fishable. After Wednesday night we will be in the clear from rain for a while with sun in the forecast for Thursday and Friday. CFS at Carter’s is finally under 9,000 but may remain around there until these last rains wash through.
If you are on the big bug hunt you’ll still be able to find plenty of stragglers between Gardiner and Point of rocks, however the bulk of the hatch has now moved on into the Park. Give us a call if you’d like to go on a Yellowstone National Park “hike and strike” trip! 406-222-7130.